This is how they get you.
At first glance, it appears that the list of 10 things the Oath Keepers won’t do is a good thing, but it is based around the false conspiracy that our government acts on tyranny. At its core, the Oath Keepers organization promotes the idea that the United States government will use it’s own military and law enforcement against it’s own people. The orders that they vow to not obey are orders that would very likely never come from an official in any branch of the US government. Much of what the Oath Keepers believe and base their acts upon comes from a veiled in a sense of misguided chivalry, which could not be further from the truth. The issues that arise from their actions are far deeper and greater than any perceived good that they claim to be doing. The list of “orders” that they swear not to uphold showcases the insane sense of conspiracy that this organization feeds on. The Oath Keepers organization is an anti-government, right-wing extremist, media-hungry militia that is at this point over 40,000 strong. Be sure to read more about their history and why they are a threat at my other blog post.
Here is the list of the 10 things that they swear they will never do, in their own words.
- We will NOT obey orders to disarm the American people.
- We will NOT obey orders to conduct warrantless searches of the American people.
- We will NOT obey orders to detain American citizens as “unlawful enemy combatants” or to subject them to military tribunal.
- We will NOT obey orders to impose martial law or a “state of emergency” on a state.
- We will NOT obey orders to invade and subjugate any state that asserts its sovereignty.
- We will NOT obey any order to blockade American cities, thus turning them into giant concentration camps.
- We will NOT obey any order to force American citizens into any form of detention camps under any pretext.
- We will NOT obey orders to assist or support the use of any foreign troops on U.S. soil against the American people to “keep the peace” or to “maintain control.”
- We will NOT obey any orders to confiscate the property of the American people, including food and other essential supplies.
- We will NOT obey any orders which infringe on the right of the people to free speech, to peaceably assemble, and to petition their government for a redress of grievances.
These seem somewhat valiant, don’t they? If there was a genuine risk of these things occurring, many United States citizens would be up in arms as well, wouldn’t they? Perhaps. But the risk of that happening in this country is so minimal that the alarm the Oath Keepers use to rile up and motivate their members is nothing short of propaganda. It is meant to incite anger, distrust, and rebellion among citizens and members.
They often say things like, “You need to be ready! It’s already happening!” “Civil war is upon us!” “The left is coming for you! They hate you!” This rhetoric, word-for-word, is commonplace at the trainings, literature, and recordings that they inundate their members with. This is the same kind of brainwashing that cults use to draw in their followers, and to motivate them to do whatever their leaders tell them to do, even if it goes against their best judgment. Before you think this is an overreaction, you may want to check out some of their meetings that they proudly film and upload to YouTube.
This list of 10 things the Oath Keepers will not do is meant to distract and give false legitimacy to their operation. Rather than what they won’t do, the question we need to be asking is what kinds of things they aim to do and are already doing. Stay vigilant.